The Commodore 64 computer was one of the first and most sold home computer in the 80's. Equipped with video, sound and two joysticks the C64 was the perfect platform for games. This is one of the reason why that much games were made for this computer.
This private project emulates an old C64 computer and makes it easy to get into the world of the C64 games. The original games are resurrected in their at that time saved format. It was fun to develop this project and the users maybe have fun too !
This project is a Commodore 64 computer emulator and makes all electronic parts available with the software of the C64 hardware and the 1541 Floppy device. The kernal and basic routines are running in the emulation with the original software already. The emulator itself is provided in a single exe file that is copied on the local computer. Although the project is still in development state many games are already working.
The most games for the real C64 were delivered in the past by floppy disks. Today it's common to download this "disks" from the internet in the D64 file format. So one .d64 file represents a single side of the floppy disk. For other supported file formats see below.
File formats and there hardware opposes:
- .d64 = floppy disk (data image)
- .g64 = floppy disk (raw image)
- .t64 = tape (data image)
- .tape = tape (raw image)
- .prg = single program
- .crt = cartridge
- .sid = C64 music only file
- .s64 = own file format for storing snapshots
2) Start one of the shown games by selecting with the left mouse or the enter key
3) Play with the selected joystick (mapped to the keyboard by default)
- Joystick left, right, up, down: Arrow keys
- Joystick Fire button: Left control key (ctrl)
See section application for further details.
The C64 Emulator binary is free for non-commercial use only. See license agreement for details.